Connect with us

Politics

Trump Crony Roger Stone Is Heading To Court Even Sooner Than We Thought

Published

on


The investigation by Special Counsel Robert Mueller into President Donald Trump, his Organization, his White House, his administration, his close circle and his White House seems now like it has been going on for many lifetimes. It certainly feels like much longer than two years ago at this point that the Justice Department (specifically, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein) found itself forced to commission the former Director of the FBI to set up a probe to investigate the claims that the campaign to elect then Republican candidate Donald Trump as President of the United States and leader of the free world during the 2016 presidential election colluded with Russian state actors in order to steal the result of the election and the White House from rival Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, and then committed obstruction of justice afterwards in a desperate attempt to cover it up.

One of the biggest accomplishments of the Mueller probe has been to take down some of the most well known pro Trump faces and key agents in the Trump machine, such as Roger Stone. It was several months ago now that he first entered the limelight in terms of his association with Trump and the 2016 election campaign and the very troubling things he is alleged to have done in order to help out his friend. However, when we were all focussed on Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen, Stone was doing very little, and he hoped he had got away with it and could fade away and would be forgotten about. That notion was shattered in the most brutal way possible recently when a judge took a big step forward towards sending him to prison for a very long time indeed in a move that shocked everyone, including Stone himself:

Roger Stone will go to trial in early November in Washington on charges that he lied about his efforts to secretly contact WikiLeaks in 2016, a federal judge decided Thursday. The longtime Donald Trump adviser’s trial is now scheduled to start November 5 and is likely to last about two weeks, said Judge Amy Berman Jackson of the US District Court in DC. Stone has pleaded not guilty to seven charges of obstruction, lying to Congress and witness tampering. He was released on bail following his arrest seven weeks ago. The trial is set nine months from now partly because of the amount of evidence Stone’s team must piece through and may argue about before the trial. Prosecutors have turned over nine terabytes of data to the defense team so far, they said in court.

That man is going down. Justice is slowly being restored and it does not look like there is any escape route now for these men.


Comments

comments




LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Blue Side Nation